trashI’ve spent 4 years and countless hours building up a community around my software: my Page had 338,050 Likes, my Support Group had 13,360 members, and my Interest List had 1.47 Million followers. But all of that work was wiped out in an instant when Facebook decided to shut it down without notice.

(See below for details about how to give your feedback to Facebook about this decision)

Update 9/19: I have posted a response to many questions and comments I have received since originally posting this. Please click and check it out.

My software is a free browser extension that fixes and enhances the Facebook user interface, called Social Fixer. It is widely popular and used by over a million people. Since my application is tightly integrated with Facebook, it’s only logical that I would use the site to build my community of users, provide support, and make important announcements. I am trying to make their site better, after all.

I Have Never Posted Spam!

I’ve been diligent about always treating my followers with respect – never posting spam, avoiding any kind of engagement manipulation, and refusing to succumb to the tricks other Pages use to game the news feed. So it was quite a surprise when I logged in on September 2nd, 2013 and found that my Page had been “unpublished” and the reason cited was Spam. I’ve never posted spam! Nothing even close to it!

image

I had but one single action I could take – click the “Appeal” button. There was no room to write an explanation, plead my case, or ask why they had effectively shut me down. So I clicked, wondering how many hours it would take to resolve this.

imageIt didn’t take hours. Or days. It’s been a week, and I still have not heard so much as a peep from anyone at Facebook, nor received any kind of updates on the status of my one-click “appeal”.

UPDATE - SEP 11: FB has completely removed my Page!

It’s gone. Years of work and almost 340,000 fans, wiped out. Erased.

image

I have never been given any details about what “community standards” I was apparently violating (because I wasn’t). This is a case of Facebook choosing to shut down someone’s business just because they want to, not because they were doing anything wrong. This is extremely frustrating and disappointing to me, and should be to others as well.

Not only did they remove the page, but they also blocked my personal account from posting anything for 12 hours (I can’t even Like anything). They also did the same for anyone who was an Administrator or Moderator of the Page – including my wife’s personal account! Members of the support team, who generously volunteer their time to help users, have been shut out as well. They did one big sweep, I guess.

image

Be Warned: You Are At The Mercy Of Facebook

imageSo let this be a word of caution to other businesses, brands, and individuals who are increasingly relying on Facebook to communicate with their audience, gather feedback, and provide support: You are at their mercy. The entire community you’ve worked so hard building up, spent so much money developing, could be gone in an instant on the whim of some person at Facebook or some automated reporting algorithm. Your complaints may be ignored, and your one-click “appeal” may not even be considered. Your community can be erased without a single explanation.

It seems to me that relying on Facebook is risky at best, when they can remove everything without notice, without cause, and without the means to give meaningful feedback. Is it smart to base your business on a platform as shaky and unpredictable as this? There have been countless other examples of accounts being taken down or limited, often in error. Beware. Your community may be more fragile than you think.

What Exactly Prompted This? I Have No Idea.

Since my incident came without any advance notice, warning, or explanation, I am left to guess at what really triggered it.

• It’s possible that a malicious user or competitor had people submit my Page as being Spam. Perhaps an automated system gathered multiple invalid reports in a short amount of time and shut me down? Not likely.
  • Or perhaps it was a result of the piece published on Ars Technica a week earlier, where the author questions why other extensions’ Pages had been shut down, but not mine?
  • Or perhaps my legitimate Page was confused with a user-created Group of the same name that I discovered days later, who was genuinely spamming? If so, isn’t it a scary prospect that someone could use your name to spam others, and get you shut down in the process?
  • Or perhaps it was because my Interest List has a huge number of subscribers, and is constantly a target for scammers trying to impersonate me and capitalize on the large following I have there. Maybe that triggered some internal flag?
  • Or perhaps Facebook just got tired of me customizing their site for its users. Maybe they were looking for an excuse to try to shut me down, and marking my Page as spam was one way to do it. They took similar action against FB Purity (a “competing” extension, though they also had trademark violation issues) and Unfriend Finder.

The thing is, I don’t even know which – if any – of these reasons are correct because Facebook provides absolutely no information when they decide to shut down your business page.

Tell Facebook What You Think

http://www.crescentinteractive.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/facebook-ads-megaphone1.jpegI’m hoping that with a little bit of user-generated exposure, Facebook may realize that a mistake was made and reinstate the Page.

Here’s how you can help:

1. Share on Facebook this post to Facebook or other networks.
    (Reddit, Slashdot, etc)
  2. Re-tweet my Tweet about it, if Twitter is your thing.
  3. Report an Issue with Facebook Pages and tell them why this was a mistake.
    (the URL of the page was: https://facebook.com/socialfixer)
  4. Email Facebook: appeals@facebook.com, abuse@facebook.com, or press@facebook.com
  5. Donate to support the project, because I’m going to need a vacation after all this Winking smile

How To Get Social Fixer Updates

Since the Social Fixer Page was my primary way of communicating with users, I now have to resort to other means. Here’s how I will get in touch:

1. The Social Fixer News list still exists, and I’ve created a temporary Page to publish there. You should still see updates from me there.
  2. This Blog (rss feed) will be where I post important information about new updates, release notes, etc. I always post links to it, but keep an eye out just in case.
  3. Social Fixer has a built-in feature that lets me put important messages on the home screen of users. I will use that feature sparingly, only for important messages. Never for regular updates or general information.
  4. As a last resort, I always go back to Twitter (I don’t really like Twitter). You can follow me @matt_kruse

What Will Happen To Social Fixer?

imageNothing will change. I will need to setup a new way to communicate with users and offer support, but I will continue developing the application and it will continue working as before. Facebook can remove my Page and take other actions on its own site, but it cannot stop me from developing and distributing a browser extension to improve it. Social Fixer runs in your browser, so you retain control of it. Facebook cannot shut that down.

I’m not going to spend a ton of time “fighting” Facebook. I want to get the word out about this, and I want people to be aware of how easily their community can be erased. But my main interest is in developing an awesome tool for users, and I will get back into that ASAP. Keep moving forward!

Thank You For Your Support!!!

imageAs always, the support from users when things don’t go my way has been fantastic. Everyone is so willing to help out, spread the word, give feedback to Facebook, etc. I really appreciate that. It’s nice to see people willing to give back, because it means you value what I’ve created, and that is what matters to me. Winking smile

-- Matt Kruse, developer of Social Fixer

This entry was posted in Featured. Bookmark the permalink.

733 Responses to Beware: Your Business Is At The Mercy Of Facebook! Social Fixer Page Deleted Without Explanation…

1. website says:

One example may be the Kaspersky anti-virus that’s currently featured as the must-download software.
    There is often a new variety of download site where you can get not just movies for the Iphone but games and music too, and
    all sorts of for free. s the purpose of anything you do in case your nose is really close to the grindstone that
    you don.

2. That’s incredible! How they can just remove your page like that and call you a spammer is just ridiculous. Your software was great for so many reasons. it bridged the gap between what you couldn’t do on Facebook and also how to make it more appealing. I think it extended the appeal of Facebook personally. They fail to realise that Facebook has had it’s day now. The appeal has worn thin. I can only but presume that they took a disliking to your software for some reason perhaps? Still, if they had a problem with people using your software they should have at least got in contact with you first, instead of trying to just destroy the community! :/

3. Джин says:

One nice thing is that most of my contacts on fb are people that I don’t really have a personal connection. My family and friends know how to keep in touch so it really amounts to a forum of like minded thinkers (read: political). Maybe if I just posted cat videos. I’ve never spent a dime on anything to do with fb and find it hard to believe that people do. I hate apps that want to tap into too much of my data. It would be easy for my to close up and walk away. I find the mail.ru suite to be more entertaining but only a few of my friends are on it. I agree with a post above about backing up data and then if I should feel compelled to bid farewell, no big deal. Thank you for all your work, Matt. Sucks that you’ve been put in this position.

Jumping to the political (I can never get away), that’s what I like about voluntarism. I don’t like Zukerberg and the way he runs his show. I am here voluntarily and either of us can walk away. I’ve been thinking of bailing with all the NSA/PRISM stuff anyway.

4. Nathan Williams says:

Your product alters how Facebook appears and functions. I can understand from Facebook’s point of view why they would not want you to be on the service. I’m surprised you lasted as long as you did.

Saying that doesn’t mean I support what FB did. Only that I understand it. Don’t be surprised if FB soon implements some kind of check to see if a browser is running SF and denies you access because of it. Just one more reason FB sucks.

5. Bond says:

Once I googled a digital bathroom scale manufacturer to see if I could download calibration instructions. A couple of hours later on facebook, streaming down the right side of my page was an ad “Looking to buy a new digital bathroom scale…” I was shocked. I never gave anyone especially facebook the right to watch what I google then use it to spam me.

6. Dirk Whittemore says:

Another thing that can be done to get the message across is to go through the ads on the right side of the page (you may have to disable SFx temporarily if you have the ads blocked like most of us do), and click on the “x” in the upper right corner of each one. When the menu pops up, click “hide this ad”. Another menu will come up wanting a reason why. Click “other” and then state the reason why. I have put this in the dialog box: “I will not patronize this business until https://facebook.com/socialfixer is reinstated.” This can get FB’s attention since it implies affecting advertising revenue.

7. aysha khan says:

Hi there, I enjoy reading all of your article.
    I wanted to write a little comment to support you.

8. antibozo says:

Your “~24-hour” important message has been displaying for a couple of days now. I support you, but this is getting kind of annoying, and is bordering on being spammy.

• sam says:

you ingrate ! you use the social fixer for free and have balls to complain about a message from the author in this time of turbulence with years of work getting squashed. “borders on spam” are you kidding me ?! people like you are the bottom feeders of the net just expecting to get everything for free and when you do you still have the nerves to complain. dont like the Message disable the free extension that made that message appear ! guess you wont do that cause youll miss out on the rest of the great functions of social fixer. You support matt ? in what way ? being petty and complaining ?! thast some fine ass supporting .

• antibozo says:

I support him financially (i.e. donation) and by recommending his software. I have also shared this post on my Facebook page, criticized Facebook’s decision, and sent messages to Facebook via multiple channels.

You are obviously too stupid to understand the above paragraph, however, since you think that something’s being free (even tho i actually have paid for it, in a sense, by donative) from even the mildest of criticism.

• antibozo says:

The above should have read:

… something’s being free (even tho i actually have paid for it, in a sense, by donation) excludes it from even the mildest of criticism.

• sam says:

wow you donated ! a hero to say the least ! woopdidoo i donated too and sent an email to facebook, shared liked and all those things and many others as well, thats totaly beside the point. The extension is free, and its still free whether you donated or not. the fact remains that you chose to complain and classify that message as almost spammy whiles a huge mess is unfolding as if the man responsible (matt) isnt aware of the message he put there. its obviously a great big deal for him just a bit more than for you or me and its obvious he cares a great deal about hes work and being courteous and professional so your remark was kinda uncalled for. And the fact remain that you could have disabled the extension for the duration if it bothered you so much, and thats why you came out a bit of a douchebag.
            In the end, Its not a big deal -this whole remark thing and i might have exaggerated a tad in my response but your “spammy” remark was unnecessary still.

9. electro1574 says:

Hey Matt. I’m not sure if anyone’s directed you to this yet, but it appears that at least one of your competitors received an actual response to their account removal in the form of an informal cease-and-desist from FB’s legal department.

Be ready for a fight. :-(

10. blatanville says:

Could it be you’re being drubbed out because eventually SocialFixer would enable users to avoid or deactivate the up-coming video ads?

Naw, FB would never be that petty, right? ;)

11. Richard Lee says:

12. Carol Brown says:

Hi Matt,

I hope FB will see the error of its ways soon. I know your tool is the only reason I keep using FB as I just can’t imagine going back to a time when the “Tabs” function didn’t exist (to cite only one of my favorite feature). Keep on the good work!

13. Linda says:

I will continue to donate money to SocialFixer (when I can, I don’t get much money at the end of the months either! :-/ )
    I think that facebook might have felt threathened somehow by the fact that you came up with an idea to make their site more user-friendly. It’s the only thing I can think of that might have made them decide to shut you down. Facebook just being assholes, that is :p

14. Hey there, i’m sure that i spotted you actually been to this site as a result i stumbled on come back the choose? . I am just hunting for what you should increase my website! I suppose it has the adequate to implement a few of ones aspects!

15. Terry Palmer says:

Unfortunate…another example of unwanted “control” over the internet. I support the continuation of Social Fixer!!!

16. Patty Lewis says:

Utterly despicable. I love your application and have shared your story to my Facebook feed. (Not that it matters that much, I’m not anybody, but every little bit helps, right?) Hope this gets resolved. My theory is that Facebook wants to steal your ideas to make updates to its interface.

• Paul says:

>My theory is that Facebook wants to steal your ideas to make updates to its interface.

I agree – and very much hope that Matt has patented Social Fixer appropriately, to protect his IP.

17. jimstoic says:

Sadly, I’m sure I wasn’t the only one who saw this coming. Facebook makes money off ads. Your product enables the elimination of those ads. Hence, it’s in Facebook’s interest to make it as difficult as possible for people to learn about, obtain, and use your product. I will not be surprised if they find a way to make it nonfunctional.

We need a noncommercial Facebook-like product. Wikipedia and Craigslist manage to avoid advertising. Facebook is not invincible.

• Jacqui Graham says:

I second that! When Facebook started, it was a great way to stay in touch with friends and family. Now it is a mess.

• vi says:

social fixer isn’t functioning on my fb page now…i have reinstalled it twice
      google says i still have it
      but it doesn’t work on fb

• Chris W says:

Social Fixer …. seems dead for me as well now. Thanks a LOT FB you have ruined this experience for all of us :(

18. Francesco says:

You should use your programming skill to design something allowing businesses to collect contacts via facebook -but not lose them at facebook’s will. That could be profitable, really.

19. amy says:

I’ve written in to facebook, I hope they reinstate your page with all its fans intact!

I agree with that last comment, exporting facebook info applications could be a great spin off from this situation.

20. Michael Roe says:

FB used to enable users to access their entire database in one download (and indeed may still do) so hopefully you did that and didn’t lose everything, but I’m not sure whether that was available to ‘pages’ versus individual user accounts. Regardless, I will continue to support Social Fixer and encourage other users to access it. It has really made the experience much better and I hate when I log in on a browser without it — so very frustrating. Thanks for all you do. I wish this crap didn’t have to be a part of it, but groundbreaking pioneers suffer …

21. Joan F says:

There’s no rhyme or reason to how FB behaves. These are birds.

22. Тhіѕ maу be becаuse of the
    fact that Apple wants to go сable-free. If everything mοves with
    the samеtime-frame that Apple uѕuallу keeps, the i – Ρhοne 6 гelease dаte won’t liκely occur until afteг
    i – OЅ 7 is completeԁ. The feаture сould rеpoгtedly eliminate the neеd fοr a pasѕcοde and instead allοω аn i – Phоne oωnег to аccesѕ their phonе by thеir regiѕtered-fingеrprint on the deviсe.

Here iѕ my ѕitе :: iphone imei unlock

23. Bryan says:

I presume that Facebook refunded you the remainder of what you had paid them to host your page. If they didn’t you could take them to court over that amount, and the hassle, alone, even if it’s small claims, could be worth it given your much smaller overhead than theirs.

After all, you were paying Facebook for this page, right?

24. Jacqui Graham says:

If not for Social Fixer, I would have left Facebook in frustration long ago. The “tab-reply” feature is my favourite! I will support and appeal your right to operate a Page, in any way I can.

I agree that Facebook’s deletion of your Page has more to do with the nature of your app than with your alleged breaking of one of their rules. If Facebook won’t listen to reason, I for one will gladly promote you by “sharing” your website on my wall, or joining a support group! (If anyone has started one, please post the address here…)

When Big Fish Games abruptly closed down their Atlantis social games community years ago, dozens of my “virtual pals” and I joined Facebook to stay in touch. Since then, it has gradually changed from a friendly social community to a blatantly commercial enterprise (noticeably more so now that their shares have gone public)

Playing devil’s advocate here: I do not hide the ads because I don’t think it is fair to remove a source of revenue from a site which I use daily. Say what you like about Facebook, it does allow people to stay in touch with friends and family. It is still the best and cheapest way to promote a small business like mine, or communicate with a group of like-minded people (I manage 3 groups for nonprofit organizations, and belong to many others).

Having said that, I am appalled at some of their invasive practices such as “boosted posts” and “similar sites”, or their ability to delete a Page without warning because the admin has disobeyed a rule they were unaware of! If a friend had not warned me about the “like and share” contest rules, my Page might have suffered a similar fate to yours.

Keep up the good work! And don’t give up the fight.

25. Scott says:

If your browser extension blocks any Facebook ads then you know why this has happened.

Do you really expect them to support someone and allow someone to operate/promote and expand their operation on their platform who’s product directly lowers their ability to generate revenue?

I have no idea if your product blocks ads but someone above mentioned it. If it does, the only question is how could you possibly not see that this was going to happen?

If you’re blocking their ads on your extension, then this is a totally expected move and one their shareholders would demand if it was left unchecked.

You can’t screw with a companies ability to generate revenue and then expect them to play nice and let you keep your fan page and group.

[EDIT] Well according to the lifehacker story it does block ads……well then I’m sorry but if you didn’t think this would be the end result then you’re extremely naive.

Still sucks big time but you must of known it was coming one day?

• walter daniels says:

If people don’t like seeing your ad’s, maybe there is a reason. (Note: I’m becoming well known on LinkedIn, for comment and info about advertising and Marketing.) Most ad’s that I have seen, are a waste of their time and money, as well as my time. Does your ad: tell me what kind of solutions to a particular _group_ of problems you offer?; Do they tell me what _your_ solution is?; Do they give me reason to trust you, and the solutions that you/your company offers?; Are they targeted to those who might buy your products/services?; If they are likely to offend people, is it those who need to be offended?(for example, porn ad’s are intended to offend those who don’t like it.); Does it run so often as to become offensive? 5 occurrences in as many minutes, becomes a “spam ad.”
      This is just skimming the _surface_ of why ad’s are not well received. The horrible truth, is that you, and every other advertiser pay for those who abuse advertising, whether through stupidity, or deliberately. Advertising in *general* deserves the lousy reputation it has. Part of that problem is the way “Ad Agencies” are paid They get paid to “sell” their products, *not* for getting results for their customers. IOW, they get paid to spend _your_ money, not to get results for you. If you don’t want _your_ ad’s ignored, give people a *reason* to want to see them.

26. jeff says:

My guess is that FB is going to steal your app and sell it down the line so they removed it now. Good luck and lawyer up.

27. elo boost says:

Elo boosting manufactured by professional players and diamond 1 players. Cheapest prices out there, we hire students realistically work on your lowest prices. We attempt to obtain the greatest speed, we’ve european and american boosters that can work some day every day.

28. jackie says:

I hope you get it back up and working soon. It’s a great thing, it made FB bearable and workable and it’s just disappeared off my FB. Has that something to do with this? Apparently it’s still installed on my PC but no longer on FB (the wrench). Has FB done this?

29. John Gohde says:

The reason is pretty obvious. Don’t bite the hand that feeds you.

FB obviously does NOT like any company that messes with their tightly controled user interface.

It was foolish to spend time promoting a FB Page that was actively trying to destroy Facebook.

30. Andreas Engholm says:

PLEASE contact The internet offends med FB page with your case.

31. Jeremy Keyes says:

Maybe it’s because of this: https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Social-Fixer-New-Updated-Socialfixer/382281385203138

I searched for Social Fixer and this comes up in the facebook search bar: “Social Fixer New & Updated Social Fixer” Note the description:
    “Internet/Software

Social Fixer for Facebook is complicated and hard to use. Try Fabulous for Facebook and see how much more beautiful your Facebook can be. Simple to operate and easy to use.”

Could be something, no?

32. Hyta Nonsence says:

Nothing surprises me where Fb is concerned these days tbh. It has gone far beyond its original premise of being a social networking site because it changes its coding so often that it is very nearly anti-social….
    Fb takes away the social aspect of its being because it does not allow its users to meet and make new friends.
    Fb imposes arcane regulations on its users in contradiction of its own “Statement of Rights and Responsibilties” that are making using Fb increasingly unusable because of its strict attitude of “it’s my ball and we WILL play what I WANT to play and we’ll play with MY rules, or not at all?!”
    SFx is the reason so many people still stay with Fb these days and Fb should be grateful that Matt is helping Fb to maintain its dominance in the social networking world. In any other field, Matt would be head-hunted for his outstanding work with SFx, rather than punished by having his Social Fixer Page closed down.
    The Social Fixer Page is an opt-in page, so how can it be accused of posting SPAM? As far as I am aware, the Social Fixer Page only sends notifications to people who have registered their interest in it by Liking the page, so how does that violate “community standards” in any way? The fact that you have Liked the Social Fixer Page means that you have elected to become part of the SFx Community and, as such, have also elected to receive notifications and updates from that community.
    If Suckerberg had laid out that Fb would continually feck about with the coding of Fb (whether its users liked it or not) without any kind of notification of changes, as it does now, then Fb would not have gotten off the ground at all…. As things stand today, Fb is a far, far cry from its original concept.
    If the time comes when Fb makes it impossible for Matt to continue with his development of SFx and SFx ceases to be as a result of Fb’s actions then I will most definitely CLOSE MY FB ACCOUNT DOWN and happily make do without the restraints of an ever increasing quagmire of Fb’s Orwellian impositions.

33. Dude that SUCKS! I have a feeling though that this will be resolved. Please write up a follow up post on when you do get your account back. All the best.

34. Mark says:

Maybe y9ou can get back at them by blocking Facebook ads.

35. Steve Jacobs says:

I’d say it was potentially the wording in the arstechnica.com article that put you back in the Facebook team. It raised a flag when I personally read it that is for sure but also helped me discover your amazingly useful plugin..

This page (as Jeremy Keyes pointed out) called “Social Fixer New & Updated Socialfixer” which promotes Fabulous on the Chrome Store is what probably got your page removed though:

36. @Matt*************************PLEASE READ********************
    *****************YOUR TRADE MARK IS BEING HIJACKED*********
    **************THEY ALSO SHUT DOWN THE HELP GROUP************

Matt, don’t want to pile on bad news. However, (Just tried to see if SocialFixer was re=enabled) and the following page is pulling up Social Fixer.

*CLEARLY* using YOUR PRODUCT NAME (even in the URL)

The (ABOUT BLURB) says
    Internet/Software

HOWEVER–all the “POSTS” are from Social Fixer New & Updated Software (the Name of the Poster).

*EVEN* your LOGO—except with a “RED PLUS” beside it.

*IF THAT* were not bad enough news. I cannot access the “GROUP” (to post this)
    I *CAN* access other groups

When I tried to *OPEN NEW TAB*—rolls to blank page

This is *RIDICULOUS* of Facebook.

37. Ahmed Han says:

Once I did this:
    I kept reporting all of the inappropriate content I came across in Facebook. If the content was not removed, I took a screen shot of the content along with the notification which says that “content not reported”, and posted all those screen shots in a page.
    Guess what happened? They deleted both my page and my account!

38. Adam Morgan says:

Matt, I’m sorry for your loss. More and more of this kind of stuff is happening. Not sure what to do about it. :S

39. Riley says:

for years they worked against you with their code, and against many other fb extensions. so why is this such a surprise now? they dont want you there obviously. taking down your fb page was just bound to happen at some point, its just surprising how it took so long

40. FB is not half of what it is without your excellent additions along the way! Full support!

41. Facebook says:

Oh WordPress, why does your blog software allow for so much spam. :)

• BS says:

Matt,
      I know you have other stuff on your mind, but you can’t just have basic commenting turned on. At the very least, you need to remove the website field.

42. Matt,
    I added a community on Google Plus for Social Fixer, just in case you ever find yourself over there. Or maybe your support team might be there.
    Brian

43. Dee Latta says:

You know, I think facebook is the epitomy of power run rampant.

I have a number of groups that I co-admin that have well over a thousand members. One of my admins (we had 4 to keep the group running efficiently) had to be deleted, as he suddenly became verbally abusive to members of the group. We pride ourselves on reputation & in our community we have quite a positive reputation. There are many similar groups on a smaller scale in our area that have few rules, therefore are not as efficiently run & members ‘go off’ on each other on a daily basis in those groups. Our group has a zero tolerance for that kind of thing. We are about respect. And when one of our own admins ‘went off’ on a few folks, we collectively decided he had to go. And his retaliation against one of the other admins was terrible. They were in several groups together & this admin who had been removed, suddenly began reporting the other admin, left, right & center for no substantial reason. What did facebook do? Rather than investigate it properly they threatened him & made him PROVE who he was within 24 hours, or he would be BANNED from facebook permanently. He had to send them a copy of his drivers license proving he was who he said he was. (He’d been accused of having a fake profile) & when that didn’t work, this person reported him for posting abusive content, etc, etc. He has since removed this offending person from any other groups he admins, or removed himself from common groups they were members of, hoping there will be no risk to his own standing with facebook. So far, the offender has created one fake profile to allow himself to harrass my friend. And he has been reported for it, but still continues to have a profile on facebook. How this has been allowed, when it is CLEAR he is the offender, is beyond me!

It’s funny too, that when I report fake profiles to facebook when a contact of mine has had their profile spoofed, or when I can clearly see that a profile has been created solely for spam purposes, these profiles are never removed. Facebook does NOTHING about it. Yet one can click the report button to create all kinds of havoc because they carry a grudge against another user. I’ve seen all kinds of crazy on facebook, but your situation, Matt – tops them all.. I have spent years on here, and have involvement with a large number of groups. I have thought about shutting it down, because things like this p*ss me off to no end.. But it would take me years again to build up to where I am now with these groups.

Yep, power run riot, in my opinion. I hope you find some kind of recourse here. :(

44. John Slife says:

I can not get social fixer to work for some reason. I have complained to FB but have received no response.