Social Fixer Version 18.0 is primarily a maintenance release, but it also introduces a few new features as well.
Install the 18.0 update from SocialFixer.com
- “Show Photo Tags” [User Interface]: Display the auto-generated tag text that Facebook applies to pictures when you hover over them.
- “Check For Filtered Messages” [General]: Facebook filters and hides messages it thinks are from people you don’t know - often in error. Social Fixer now alerts you when you have filtered messages
- “Mark All Read”: Mark as read all posts above or below the selected post by holding Shift or Ctrl (Command on Mac) when clicking the “Mark Read” icon
- “Short” Post Timestamps [General]: Optionally fix post timestamps and use a shorter format, like “12/31/2016 12:34:56 AM”
- “Hide Most Recent switch messages” [Advanced]: When auto-switched to the Most Recent feed, disable the message ribbon saying you were switched
- “Stealth Mode” [Wrench menu]: Once enabled, will now stay enabled after page reloads, until manually disabled
- “Trending” tweaks: A “settings” link now appears in the Trending box, which shows controls to toggle Headline Summaries and Popularity Bars
- Clear the red “Social Fixer Notification” # on the wrench with the new “clear” link in the menu
- “Notification Popup” [User Interface]: Moved from the Experimental section, this feature creates a pop-out panel of your Notifications for easy access
Significant Fixes and Changes
- “Always Show Tab List” [Advanced]: Now makes the control panel and tab list appear even if filtering is disabled, so the “All Posts” count can be seen
- “Storage Check” is now only run once a day, and should avoid false positives that have plagued some users
- Filtering fix for filters based on specific Apps
Under The Hood / Technical Details
- Fixed timing issues that caused some features to fail occasionally
- CSS Selector filters can now use :contains() to match text content of elements (for advanced users, to be used in the updated Sponsored Posts filter)
- Allow custom hideables definition in Debug tab (only for advanced users)
- Updated styles of Filter Condition rows for better display
- Fixed a bug in removing leading | in filter regular expression, and automatically ignores ||
- Fixes to auto-switch to most recent to handle more cases correctly
- Force Post Action Icons to appear in the same place for every post, when hovering
Questions? Problems? Need Support?
Do you like what you see? Please, Donate to support development!